Are you interested in gaining experience in a real nursing facility? The Lutheran Home is currently accepting applications for the upcoming August Nursing Assistant class. The class culminates with students participating in a clinical experience at The Lutheran Home: Belle Plaine. Nursing Assistants provide residents to provide assistance with activities of daily living.
- $800 which includes the cost for the class and materials. Testing costs not included.
- OnTrack Nursing Assistant Training Program is a 35 hour, interactive and person-centered online training, framed with passionate messages and inspiration for working in the field of aging services.
- 24 hour skills portion will be taught in a simulated lab setting utilizing demonstration and role-playing, followed by 16 hours of supervised clinical experience at The Lutheran Home Association.
- Students that hired on at The Lutheran Home: Belle Plaine will have their class & testing fees reimbursed within the first three months of employment. (If first CNA position)
Nursing Assistant job duties:
- Bathing and dressing residents as needed
- Trimming nails and assisting with personal and dental hygiene
- Providing rehabilitative, short term, and long term care
- Assisting with lifting, turning, moving, position, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
No certifications are necessary to be in training course. The next CNA class begins the last weekend of August. For the class schedule, questions or additional information, please contact Jodi at (952) 873-2164 or email@example.com.
The Lutheran Home: Belle Plaine is a 97-bed skilled nursing facility that comprises of a Transitional Care Unit (TCU), Long-Term Care (LTC) and memory care.